Have you ever read the book "Wayside School is Falling Down"? It's funny. Some days I feel like I teach there. Today was one of those days.
A boy, we'll call him Zucker, shaved his eyebrows off due to losing a bet. He knows he looks goofy. He's constantly trying to wear a headband to cover it up. That's pretty funny in itself (remember, he's 12). Well, today was school picture day. Apparently his mom had filled in his eyebrows...but he sweated it all off at recess! His words, not mine. He told me this during the class, right in the middle of the lesson. It was hard not to laugh out loud...laugh out loud hard. It gets even better! Another teacher took him out during his next class to fill in his eyebrows once more - and they ended up looking like a woman with completely penciled in eyebrows! Poor kid. He had to go to the bathroom and scrub them to look semi-normal.
Another boy, we'll call him Luke, asked me for some good recipes a few weeks ago. I printed off a few I thought are easy to make and his family might enjoy. I guess his madre was thrilled because he keeps begging me for more! I told him I need some from his madre - Mexican food you know. So today he brought me a big ol' bowl of soup! Homemade...from his madre. Awww how sweet :)
Just when I'm fed up enough to find a new profession, something funny happens and it keeps me going :)
3 comments:
I would love to see the picture of that boy. That boys mother is so sweet to bring you soup. I bet you are an excellent teacher.
Love Louis Sachar! Such fun books!
Hope everything is well with you!
A
I love those books! I'm reading them to my class right now and they BEG AND PLEAD for more chapters. I totally understand what you mean about some really random experiences while teaching school. :)
Post a Comment