Friday, October 17, 2008

Notes and Fortunes

A sigh of relief as parent teacher conferences are over! Actually, that's not entirely true as I have two phone conferences scheduled for Friday morning. A few things happened today that made me chuckle...

Just as I was about to lecture a class on note-passing and the inappropriateness of it (hey, I wouldn't be so bugged if the notes weren't so raunchy, filled with swear words and insults to other students), I caught a boy writing a note. Hee hee hee...of course I took it. When I had a minute to read the note, I held in the laugh threatening to bubble out. Leaving out the inappropriate parts, one boy had written, 'Who is prettier? Ms. Dea or Mrs. B" and the other boy circled Mrs. B's name. I let out a cry of outrage, startling the students closest to me, including the two boys who had written the note. Now, one wrote in pencil, the other in pen. I demanded to know who was using which writing utensil so I knew who to be most offended at. I simply told them that, if they planned on writing notes, they ought to think twice about insulting me in the note! (In reality, I could care less that they think Mrs. B is prettier. But it was so funny acting indignant and seeing their remorse...). In fact, Mrs. B and I had a good laugh over the note.

Two other notes worth mentioning are my fortunes from Panda Express. When Doreen was in town last weekend, she took me to lunch at Panda. Unfortunately, my fortunes were awful. I was unimpressed. Today I had two fortunes and both were pretty good:

Your talents will capture you the highest status and prestige

and

You are admired by many

I'll take it! Hey, anything's better than being told you're a classic :)

2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Great fortunes. My mom had a fortune once that said, "You will receive that long awaited check in the mail today." Guess what, she did. It was amazing. We thought the mail had lost a rebate and it came at the perfect time for their finances.

Erin said...

I totally believe that fortunes come true and/or are true. I always put the fortunes I get from fortune cookies in my journal and every time I have done that, without fail, they come true!