I have a friend. Her name is Sarah . Twice upon a time I also had a roommate named Sarah. Always Sarah with an H; never without like mine. Once upon a time my worlds collided. My roommate Sarah and my friend Sarah and I were all hanging out together for the 4th of July festivities. Roommate Sarah and I were used to going out in public together and it being too hard for people to handle two Sara(h)s together! Inconceivable! Throw a third Sarah into the mix and things were bound to get ugly! Therefore, we insisted that third-Sarah not be Sarah at all; she needed a nickname. Her middle name is Elizabeth...and Lizzie was born!

She is now Lizzie in my phone. In all conversations between us, she is referred to as Lizzie. It was hard calling her Sarah this past weekend when I spent time with her. She will forever be Lizzie in my heart.

Lizzie married her prince this weekend. I was fortunate enough to be counted a close personal friend and got to attend their sealing! It was a great weekend, filled with service, old friends, movies, and inside jokes.

I love the good people of Holbrook! I spent two years there teaching 5th grade. I love spending time with friends there, including one of my favorite families of all time: The Moodys.

Jaquel the Great (the Moody mom)

CeeCee and me, hard at work arranging those deli rolls just-so
I also love and appreciate the Thomas family. They let four of us stay at their house for three days and nights this weekend for the wedding! Besides that, Debra (the Thomas mom) got up this morning and cooked an IHOP type of breakfast for us all before we hit the road for home!

Me on the waterbed I slept in while I was there :)

My new BFF Brenley
The Moody girls and the Thomas girls were also piano students of mine. I miss teaching piano lessons!

Lexi Moody and Chelsea Thomas

Kaitlin Smithson, piano student and 5th grade student when I taught in Holbrook. I am proud to report Kaitlin still plays piano (minus actual lessons) and does a great job! At the wedding she played as part of the live band. They sounded great!

Riah Hatch was another piano student. She's so grown up!
Every time I visit Holbrook, I get two questions. Do you miss it here? and When are you moving back? I love the people in Holbrook! I miss small-town for many reasons. I also miss teaching piano lessons. Maybe I should invest in a piano of my own and start up again here...

She is now Lizzie in my phone. In all conversations between us, she is referred to as Lizzie. It was hard calling her Sarah this past weekend when I spent time with her. She will forever be Lizzie in my heart.

Lizzie married her prince this weekend. I was fortunate enough to be counted a close personal friend and got to attend their sealing! It was a great weekend, filled with service, old friends, movies, and inside jokes.

I love the good people of Holbrook! I spent two years there teaching 5th grade. I love spending time with friends there, including one of my favorite families of all time: The Moodys.

Jaquel the Great (the Moody mom)

CeeCee and me, hard at work arranging those deli rolls just-so
I also love and appreciate the Thomas family. They let four of us stay at their house for three days and nights this weekend for the wedding! Besides that, Debra (the Thomas mom) got up this morning and cooked an IHOP type of breakfast for us all before we hit the road for home!

Me on the waterbed I slept in while I was there :)

My new BFF Brenley
The Moody girls and the Thomas girls were also piano students of mine. I miss teaching piano lessons!

Lexi Moody and Chelsea Thomas

Kaitlin Smithson, piano student and 5th grade student when I taught in Holbrook. I am proud to report Kaitlin still plays piano (minus actual lessons) and does a great job! At the wedding she played as part of the live band. They sounded great!

Riah Hatch was another piano student. She's so grown up!
Every time I visit Holbrook, I get two questions. Do you miss it here? and When are you moving back? I love the people in Holbrook! I miss small-town for many reasons. I also miss teaching piano lessons. Maybe I should invest in a piano of my own and start up again here...
2 comments:
Sara!
Is your profile picture you as Princess Peach? Love it!!
So nice to get to know you over lunch Friday! The Moody's are the best. Can't wait to read more of your book reviews.
Amy
How fun! So get this- I have that same comforter you were on... It's on my bed right now! :)
Post a Comment