Last night my ward had an Iron Chef competition. The "secret ingredient" was pineapple and/or lemon. I've never seen the show myself. I was under the impression that we were to cook something with that ingredient in it so that others couldn't tell it was in it. Apparently I was wrong :) My friend Jen enlightened me when she came over to help make an award-winning pineapple cheeseball.

We called ourselves Team SarJen. Clever, I know. The cheeseball was easy to make and it tasted scrumptious if I do say so myself! Who would've thought a cheeseball with pineapple in it would be as tasty as one without? I was not fortunate enough to have a picture of the final product, but this is it after folks had a go at it.

There were awards given for a few dishes. Jen and I won the Best Chef award. It's entirely flattering as it means we're good...not just our pineapple cheeseball. We're completely thrilled with the outcome :) We got a certificate and a pineapple for our efforts.


We called ourselves Team SarJen. Clever, I know. The cheeseball was easy to make and it tasted scrumptious if I do say so myself! Who would've thought a cheeseball with pineapple in it would be as tasty as one without? I was not fortunate enough to have a picture of the final product, but this is it after folks had a go at it.

There were awards given for a few dishes. Jen and I won the Best Chef award. It's entirely flattering as it means we're good...not just our pineapple cheeseball. We're completely thrilled with the outcome :) We got a certificate and a pineapple for our efforts.

4 comments:
What a blast! I'm a little scared of cheeseballs but I would have tried this one for you and Jen. :) Congrats, Chef Sara Dea!
Woo-Hoo! Congrats and I hope you told them your mom taught you everything you know! You can make me one when I see you in a couple of weeks.
That cheeseball looks very tasty! It sounds like you have a really fun ward! :)
I totally posted a comment the other day...wonder what happened to it. So your cheeseball looks very good. I'll have to try it. I can't believe you've never seen Iron Chef! I was first introduced to it when I was in St. Joe, so about 7-8 years ago. But that was the original, which is funnier than the America version. Either way, it's amazing to see what they come up with. Sounds like you had a fun time!
Post a Comment