It was pretty full (for ASU) in the first half. A chunk of the fans left at halftime. By the fourth quarter, there were very few people left. Partly because ASU was beating NAU so badly and partly because the fans aren't loyal enough to stay to the bitter end :) Or something like that.
Blake and me at the game.Blake is a great date to a Sun Devils game. We go out to eat, he has season tickets, and he can check the scores of other games on his phone during the game we're at :) Every year I say I need to buy an ASU t-shirt because every year I find myself at several games. I have yet to purchase one. I also felt a bit like a traitor cheering for ASU when I'm technically an NAU alumni. The good news is that I cheered for NAU when they scored their field goal and touchdown in the second half.
Mill Avenue bridge over Tempe Town Lake.

Mill Avenue bridge over Tempe Town Lake.Tonight I pretended to be a tourist. You know how it's typical to take photos everywhere you go and of everything when you're outside of your home state/city? I've lived in the valley for the past four years. This is the first time I've walked across the bridge.

The bridge lit up.
Though the photo doesn't do it justice, there are white lights strung all along the length of the bridge, all the time. This was while we walked across the bridge to get back to the truck after the game. It's really a pretty sight.
Just a bit of trivia to close my post. I'm including a snippet from each fight song of the games this weekend:
Just a bit of trivia to close my post. I'm including a snippet from each fight song of the games this weekend:
- Denver: Hail mighty Broncos...pride of the West, Like the mountains towering high...over all the rest.
- NAU: Fight, Fight for NAU, Take the ball and follow through, Lead the Blue and Gold to fame, As we win another game. Cheer, Cheer, Cheer for NAU, We want a victory, So fight, fight, fight, With all your might, For we want a victory tonight.
- ASU: Fight, Devils down the field, Fight with your might and don't ever yield, Long may our colors outshine all others, Echo from the buttes, Give 'Em Heck Devils! Cheer, cheer for ASU, Fight for the old maroon, For it's hail, hail, the gang's all here, And it's onward to victory!
- Nebraska: (I found two commonly heard fight songs. I'm including both sets of lyrics). Hail Varsity: Hail to the team, The stadium rings as everyone sings, The Scarlet and Cream. Cheers for a victory, echo our loyalty; So, on, mighty men, The eyes of the land, upon every hand, Are looking at you, Fight on for victory, Hail to the men of Nebraska U. (Click here to listen - trust me, you know it :>)
- And the one I like best...Dear Old Nebraska U: There is no place like Nebraska, Dear old Nebraska U. Where the girls are the fairest, The boys are the squarest, Of any old school that I knew. There is no place like Nebraska, Where they're all true blue. We'll all stick together, In all kinds of weather, For dear old Nebraska U. (Click here to listen to the TD version)
Love that Husker tunnel walk? Click here to listen.
I don't know about you, but listening to the music makes me want to go to a Husker game in the worst way!
Go Big Red!
I don't know about you, but listening to the music makes me want to go to a Husker game in the worst way!
Go Big Red!

1 comment:
Football games are so much fun to go to! I love your pics and postings! It looks like you had a great time. We are so excited for NE football season. We have every Sat. set aside just to watch the Huskers! :)
Post a Comment