Monday, September 15, 2008

Lucky Me

I never considered myself a very lucky person. But the past few years have shown otherwise.

Last summer I won concert tickets on the radio. It was funny - a radio station did a riddle and I thought it was pretty simple. Though I didn't know what concert the tickets were for, I called in and won! A friend and I attended the Earth, Wind, and Fire concert :) Talk about funny! We were the youngest ones there...and the only people not singing along with every song. But so much fun!

This time I was working (before the kids came) when the radio announced it was looking for caller 25. I immediately picked up my phone and called - after all, this particular station is programmed into my phone :) Hey, you never know when you might want to call and win something, right? So I called and began looking online to see if I could decipher what exactly I was calling to do and what for. I never did find out.

Until I got through and the dj announced that I was caller 25. No way! My task was to complete a song line and I had to get two out of three correct to win. The prize? Gavin Degraw concert tickets. Cool! I played the game - I won :) As I only know a few of his songs, I'm brushing up by listening for the next week until the concert. So far so good! I'm enjoying his music. Should be a good time!
Anyone want to touch my hand? Perhaps some of my good luck will rub off :)

2 comments:

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

So fun! Congratulations on your winnings. I would like a little bit of your luck, if you are willing to share. I am planning on winning a mini van and the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes, so I need a pretty large chunk of luck. I will tell you how things go! Let us know how the concert is. It sounds so fun!

Janessa Couch said...

When I was younger I won a personal sized pizza from Pizza Hut by being a certain caller to the radio station and I won a motorized barbie jeep, but then they wrote asking for the certain proof of purchase that I did not put into the envelope with the drawing information so I did not get it afterall. What a sad thing for a 9 year old girl. I was SOOO close. One of these days I will win the lottery, I just know it. I guess you have to buy a ticket to win, but I will win. I have great plans for that money.