I spent the weekend in Flagstaff with two of my old roommates from BYU. Jennie Miller is married and lives with her family in Joseph City. She is a stay-at-home mom of two little ones and is expecting her third sometime in February. It was a nice escape for her to spend the day with grown ups doing...pretty much whatever we thought up :)
Amber Anderson is a speech pathologist and lives in Flagstaff. She'll probably be moving back to her home state of Colorado within the next year, so we plan to live it up visiting until then. We had such a great time that we're tentatively planning another play-day next month.
We decided to cater to Jennie's wishes as she rarely gets a day off - especially one spent "with the girls". Amber and I have those all the time :) Jennie only had two requests: go out to eat and get out in nature. Easy enough.
We did a leisurely hike along the Veit Springs Trail. Along the way, we took goofy pictures. Next we had lunch at an International Cafe. We walked around downtown Flagstaff, stopping in a quirky and fun store with odd clothes, shoes, and accessories. We had a bit of fun with the hats and masks...
After much shopping and talking, we called it a day. It was really nice to get out of the Phoenix heat and enjoy the cooler weather of northern Arizona. Jennie, Amber, and I had a great time together!


2 comments:
That is wonderful that your friend gets some "Mommy" time. It is what gets me through life, the time that I get to sit back and relax with friends. How fun! I am ready to come to Arizona and join you. :)
So jealous that you got out of the heat. :) Flag is so pretty! I'm glad it was fun! I had a blast last night. I don't think I had laughed that much in a long time. Thanks for going with me!
Post a Comment