a) Nothing blog-worthy has happened in my life
b) The batteries died in my camera and a blog entry just isn't as entertaining without a photo
c) I've decided to keep the most interesting moments in life to myself
Yeah, I don't believe any of those excuses either. None of them are true, by the way. Well, other than the fact that I haven't taken any pictures lately...but it's not because of the batteries.
To feed your curiosity (as I'm sure you're dying to know what's been going on lately...ha ha), here is a random smattering of the goings-on - a day in the life if you will.
- Tonight I got together with my very best friend and old roommate from Ricks - Katrina Wilkins! She and her sister were in town for the week attending some classes. Katrina and I hadn't seen each other since 2000 or so. It had been a l-o-n-g time! We met up for gelato. My flavor choices were coconut and chocolate cake - yum :) It was fun catching up with Katrina. Love that girl! Many happy memories from my early days in college.

- My friend Haya and I are taking a belly-dancing class. I remember working with a girl when I went to BYU; she was big into belly-dancing. As a 20-year-old, I was shocked and appalled and quite naive - I thought it was totally risque. FYI, it's really not. But what a work-out! I wear a gorgeous brown hip belt with silver coins. We learn new moves each week - some I'm pretty proficient at...others I look completely ridiculous attempting :) It's funny when the teacher has us do the moves at a quicker pace, or when she wants us to do more than one at a time. Now, I'm awfully coordinated...but this is tough! I'm loving the class. We even have a recital the last night of class. I'm debating whether or not to actually invite anyone to watch. Ha ha.
- I finally got a roommate, and she is a sweetheart. Funny story how that all worked out - I'll spare you the gory details, but the gist of it is this: the night she came to check out the room, I locked myself out of the house. Bummer. The locksmith took an hour to come; in the meantime, Andrea and I got to chat. She decided to move in sight-unseen - I must have made quite an impression :) Just kidding. She moved in the next day...I also made a copy of my keys the next day - now I'm not the only one with a key to my house.
- Only 30 more days of school! Then I start teaching summer school in June. But only 30 more days of the current school year :) Who's counting?
3 comments:
Fun update!! Even already knowing all that....it was still fun to read your blog. Looks like you and Katrina had so much fun. Have fun tomorrow on your day off!! It is all rainy here for my Spring Break :(
Katrina looks fabulous! What a beautiful person. I hope you love having your new roommate around. And I'm terribly jealous that you are on a countdown to summer.
Love ya!
I'm so glad you found a roommate! And I will be ready for some belly dancing lessons next month! How fun!
Post a Comment