Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spirit Week

Friday April 24th was my school's 50th anniversary celebration. As a committee chair, I helped plan and organize the game booths and shop for prizes. Anyway, to prepare for the big night, this past week was spirit week! Gosh, I hadn't done anything like that since probably high school. But you know me...I got in the spirit and participated every day :)

Friday April 17th: Mismatched Shoe Day

I think it was awfully clever of me to have the forethought to wear two flat sandals - some people (teachers) had to put their regular shoes back on partway through the day due to varying heights and foot pain. Not me!

Monday April 20th: Inside out or Backwards Clothes Day

One girl told me I look good inside out and backwards. Hm...

Tuesday April 21st: Crazy Hair Day

A co-worker of mine brought wigs for my entire team. The funny thing is that Jen's and mine nearly matched our own hair colors :) Mine was darker than my real hair color, but it was convenient to leave my own hair down. All day long, kids asked if it was my real hair or a wig. When trying to show them my real hair underneath, I couldn't tell which was which :)

I realize now that the picture of my team would be funnier if I'd also posted one of us all on a normal day - oh well - you'll just have to take my word for it...we all look quite different without the wigs. Especially Andy!

With some crazy hair students...

Wednesday April 22nd: Crazy Hat Day

So I know my hat isn't crazy - it's dang cute :) But it's new and I was excited to get to wear it twice this week (the first time was bowling on Monday night).

Thursday April 23rd: Sports Team Day

Self explanatory. Any questions?

Friday April 24th: Webster Spirit Day

(Which of these is not like the others...?)
Yes, I spent the $6 the past three years to purchase Webster t-shirts. This is by far my least favorite of the three I own, but in my defense, it matched the event held that evening. It only seemed right to wear the 50th anniversary shirt to the 50th celebration. It was fun to see the sea of green Webster t-shirts all day long. This is me with students from one of my classes. We all match :)

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I would have done anything for a teacher like you!

Daniel and Rachael said...

SOOO fun! I loved all the pics!

Joni Wiedrich said...

Looks like fun! I thought that was your real hair. :) And I'm glad to see you sported lots of Husker gear for your spirit week!