Monday, April 13, 2009

E.W.

It was a fun Easter weekend. It began with egg-dying on Saturday night.
Exhibit A:

(As you can see, there was only one casualty...)

Learned: For the brightest eggs, follow these directions. Add three T. of vinegar to the cup of water; immerse egg in dye; leave for 90 minutes while watching a movie; remove. Voila!

Pretty as they were, I still had no qualms about turning them into deviled eggs on Easter day.


The Easter Bunny was very good to me this year. He knows my weakness for peanut butter and chocolate.
Exhibit B:

Reester Bunny - I still laugh when I see it :) And milk chocolate and peanut butter eggs...it's hard to sit down and eat just one!

I am pleased to report that I successfully made my first Easter dinner. Honey-glazed ham, deviled eggs (colorful ones), corn, mashed potatoes, and homemade gravy. It amazes me that everything turned out and tasted delicious too! All in all, I'm very pleased with the weekend.

2 comments:

Daniel and Rachael said...

Your eggs turned out lovely as well! I thought I was looking at my blog still when I saw your picture because it was soooo similar to my picture! Parallel lives!!!

Steve said...

I second the fantastic Easter dinner mentioned above. It was truly fabulous...