Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Break

My friend Amber, her sister Melissa, and I took a few days to spend part of spring break in San Diego!

Us in the car

None of our key cards worked at the hotel

Our first night there, we did some shopping and wandered around downtown. We had dinner and dessert in the Gaslamp Quarter.Amber and me in front of the fountains

At the Ghirardelli Chocolate place...delicious chocolate treats :)

I'm clearly excited about the prospect of a peanut butter chocolate concoction...

The next morning, we left the bay for a 10 mile, four hour whale watching cruise. What a perfect day for it! It was sunny and breezy - we saw three kinds of whales, sea lions, and dolphins.

The only picture of a dolphin that turned out


No trip to San Diego is complete without a trip to the beach! We spent some time at the beach on Coronado Island. It wasn't warm enough to swim, but we did enjoy the sun, sand, and surf :)

I love the ocean

Obviously I left out a lot of details...if you really want to know the juicy tidbits, let me know :)

6 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I absolutely love San Diego. Did you get to see the temple??? It is breathtaking.

Joni Wiedrich said...

You left out juicy tidbits?? Do tell!

Looks like a fun time!

Jaime Lynne said...

What a fun trip!!! That chocolate desserts look divine. And whale watching... how fun is that!

Jacob and Shelly said...

That sounds like so much fun! I would especially love to go whale watching. How far is San Diego from where you live?

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Looks so fun! I want something chocolate now!

Sara said...

San Diego is only 5 1/2 hours from here. It's a great little trip for a few days! Janessa, we did go to the temple. It's gorgeous - that's one of the reasons I like to go :)