Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ward Conference

Today was ward conference. Several things about it made me laugh out loud.
  • Martha Stewart was quoted.
  • A member of the stake presidency used the words "loosey-goosey"
  • He also compared young single adults to a bunch of wildebeests at a watering hole...
  • Hell and sex were mentioned...many times.
  • The same member of the stake presidency referred to our being "Brigham Youngs and Brighamettes" - then he asked the congregation what the female form of Brigham would be - one guy called out "Bridget!"
The same member of the stake presidency I already referred to a few times told a story that had the entire congregation laughing. He has three daughters and a wife. When the girls were growing up, they were very demanding. "Daddy, I want...I want...I want..." His response was always, "Well, people in Hell want ice water." He said this for years. One day his wife said to him, "You know we don't believe in that type of hell - stop teaching my daughters false doctrine." So he came up with a new catch-phrase. When his girls would say, "Daddy, I want..." he would respond with, "Yes, well, the Cardinals want to win the Super Bowl." Apparently one of his daughters called him up this month with a list of things he'd promised her "when the Cardinals win the Super Bowl". :)

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

OK, that is hilarious. Thanks for the great laugh!

Steve said...

Loved the Cardinals winning the Superbowl story.

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I love talks that are a little different. It is so easy to daydream about something else instead of listening at church. A little humor sure goes a long way.