Thursday, January 22, 2009

Student Funnies

Case Study 1:

Student: Miss Dea! I've only ever met two people with eyes like yours!

Me: Oh really? Like what?

Student: That color! I call it bright blue!

(I've decided to take it as a compliment.)

Case Study 2:

Today I wore open-toed shoes (nothing unusual there). My toes are painted (also a common occurrence). Said a student: Your shoes have holes in them! Miss Dea, you need new shoes. And are those cherries peeking out of the tips of your shoes?

I tried explaining the fact that the shoes are supposed to have holes there, and that the cherries were in fact my toes...but I guess I can't be too offended - so I have more fashion-sense than a 12-year-old boy. Ha ha.

Case Study 3:

Remember the boy who shaved off his own eyebrows because he lost a bet? The day before school pictures? And a caring madre and maestra each drew in his eyebrows to "help" out for pictures? This is from him...

While watching the Inauguration on Tuesday, Laura Bush appeared on screen and he asked, "Hey! Isn't that our queen?"

I love my job.

1 comment:

Jaime Lynne said...

This post provided a great start to my Friday. Love that you captured this and that you have cherries for toes! :) Love ya!