Saturday, July 12, 2008

Water Babies



Once upon a time I was a baby. I was a baby in Honolulu, Hawaii. That means I LOVE the water; all types of water: drinking water, pools, lakes, rivers, the ocean, all of it! The past few weeks I have played in a lot of water.

Over the 4th of July weekend, I was in Nebraska. I think my dad would admit that buying the pool for the backyard was a wise investment :) Just look how much use we get out of it?? He and I played a bit o' water volleyball the night I drove into town.

My nieces Maggie and Nora love the water too! I'm sure they get it from their favorite aunt Sara :) Even little Henry Max found himself in a swimsuit enjoying the cold water.

Joni, Jake, and I got a pretty sweet whirlpool going. It doesn't take much to make us happy; a couple of goggle-masks and $3.00 tubes is all we need for a swimming-good time! As you can see from the photos, things got pretty wild now and again.

The fun didn't stop there...I arrived back in Mesa and have spent some time in a pool nearly every day for the past week. Wednesday night some friends and I threw a bbq/pool party. Thursday night Becky and I decided to participate in the full-on monsoon by running through the flooded streets (in our clothes) kicking and splashing water at each other (again, fully clothed) and then getting our butts kicked in a water fight. You see, there were these two young boys. As soon as they saw the downpour, they hurried into their house and changed into swim trunks. So...we challenged them to a water fight. Then Becky had to lend me some beach towels to wrap up in on my drive home. My car has been muggy and humid for the past two days. I wonder why??

Friday I went to an Aqua Fit (water aerobics) class at the gym (car still muggy) and then to a pool party later that evening. Somehow my camera ended up in the hands of a guy who thought my friends and I were pretty enough to have several shots taken with multiple poses :) You won't hear me complain!

I don't have plans to swim at all for the next two days...but you never know what next week might bring!

2 comments:

Joni Wiedrich said...

So fun!! I SO wanted to be there swimming yesterday with almost 100 degree heat. I instead settled on swimming in the girls little kiddie pool with them. :)

Colleen said...

I love the water too! I'm sad I had missed your pool party the other night. We'll have to have another water party before our summer break is over... I don't think I knew you were from Holbrook, you poor thing! ;)