Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Day

Monday January 9, 2012
Temp: 50+ degrees
Instructions from husband: Don't do any work today!

Okay...easier said than done :)

The day was a.w.e.s.o.m.e.!

I woke up to find Ellie fed and Steve busy in the kitchen. I was quickly instructed back to bed. No problem! I snoozed until Steve came and woke me up. Know what that means? I actually got to sleep in a bit! What a treat.

When I walked into the dining room, I found this:

 The mastermind...chef...brains...and brawn behind it all

 Even Ellie got in on the action

 On the menu: pumpkin pancakes (including a few experimental pancakes with yellow cake batter in the pancake batter - they tasted like dessert, truly!), bacon, scrambled eggs, and orange juice. And some Lindor white chocolate truffles for yours truly. I love those things :)

Birthday Goodness: a stack of birthday cards, which surprised me! Actually, we hadn't received anything in our mail for about three days - other than junk one of those days. To be perfectly honest, I was pretty surprised, both by not having received any mail and by not having received any birthday cards :( When Steve got the mail on Saturday and came back saying, "It was nothing but junk again!" I said to him, "I think somebody is stealing our mail!!" I was serious too...

Turns out, each and every birthday card I received showed up on Saturday - so Steve hid them until my birthday and put them all on the table. Was I surprised?? You bet I was! And happy too.

Steve played hooky from work until later that morning. Then in the afternoon, Ellie and I went to his office building and we took a little family walk in the neighborhood behind the buildings.

Nothing makes me happier than these two faces. Just like this.


That night, Steve cooked me dinner and a cake! He's not just handsome but clever as well. We didn't have candles so he stuck the matches directly into the cake for me to blow out :)

And for the evening activities, we played. Anything I wanted to do, we did!

And for more fun...when I went to get the mail that night while Steve cooked dinner, I came back with two packages in my hands. I was surprised - I hadn't ordered anything, I didn't recognize the return addresses, and I knew Steve couldn't have ordered anything due to our budget. I opened the first package to find a camera case...huh? We already have a great camera. So I opened the second package and found...a video camera! *giggle* *squeal* I really wanted one! It just seems a necessity with a baby, right? I know I love watching my family's old home movies - and I mean, videos longer than a minute.

It was such a fun day! I'm very lucky Steve is such a thoughtful husband and, as always, a great gift-giver :) And I'm pretty sure that, due to my love of numbers - specifically double or triple or quadruple same digit numbers - this year is sure to be a success!


2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy birthday Sara!!! Sounds like you had a wonderfully sweet day. :)

Rachael said...

That is SO fun. Even though I already heard the first hand account it was fun to read all about it again! Happy day!