Thursday, December 1, 2011

Mishmash

Ellie turned six months old on Sunday. I'm not sure how that happened! I think I'm in denial that she will in fact...grow up! Luckily for me, it's not happening too quickly. She's still just a little thing. She only weighed 13 lbs at her check-up. And speaking of check-ups, I am less and less of a fan of immunizations. She only cries for a second while at the doctor. But when I took her at four months, it took her three days to recover from the shots. This time she got a flu shot and promptly came down with a cold. Poor little thing. I hate watching her struggle to breathe through her mouth while her tiny nose runs all over. She's a little trouper though!

She practices sitting up
***
We spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house this year. It was my first Thanksgiving with them in Nebraska since I graduated from high school! I've spent my adult years as a "Thanksgiving orphan", going to Thanksgiving dinner wherever I was invited each year. It's so nice to live close enough to hop in the car and head up to their house for a few days.

(I just realized something *shout out* to my friend Heather Anderson! As Ellie's adopted auntie, Heather made this beanie for Ellie when she was born. Heather also sends holiday outfits such as the Halloween pjs in the last post - and this adorable Turkey Day outfit. Thanks Auntie Heather!)

I was in charge of the pumpkin roll this year. It was my first time making it - I may or may not have texted my SIL Shauna several times during the making of my pumpkin roll...I've had hers at Thanksgiving at least twice and I know she knows what she's doing :)

We had such a great time hanging with family, relaxing, and enjoying Thanksgiving leftovers for three days. My sister Joni and her family came down for the day as well. On Black Friday, we went up to her house for a Husker football party.  Later Steve and I were able to go to the temple with my parents. It was a perfect day!
***
Here's Ellie doing something she loves. PS. As she chews on everything else, you'd think she would chew on her rubber ducky - not until about a week ago :)

Bath time!

And for your viewing pleasure...a video!

Hilarious!

4 comments:

mel nielson said...

What a sweet laugh!! Ellie's laugh is contangious- Lincoln was laughing and had me play it three times :) I LOVE the red hat and "Thankful for Daddy" shirt!

Danika said...

When I played the video the girls ran over to the computer. Now they're demanding "AGAIN! AGAIN!"

Sweet as apple pie that one :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

So sweet! I can't believe she is 6 months already! And yay for tiny babies! Elle is 9 1/2 months and only weighs 14 lbs, 12oz. :)

Rachael said...

What a cute beanie and T-day outfit!! I miss you!!