Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Confessions

  • We buy salsa and popcorn kernels in bulk. What can I say - we love them.
  • I can't stick to one task at a time. I have to have multiple things going on at once. Just ask Steve. Even when I work online, I have to have a dozen different tabs open at once. I usually don't finish one task before I start another. It keeps things interesting to flit from one task to another.
  • I keep a to-do list most days. I try to keep it manageable...but I love that feeling of checking things off :) Maybe that makes me a geek, but it's true.
  • When I'm "in the groove" of getting things done, I don't like to be interrupted. Case in point: I knew I had about 30 minutes before Ellie woke up from her nap. I wanted to start a load of laundry and clean up the kitchen. By clean up the kitchen, I mean I wanted to get the dishes loaded in the dishwasher and get the counters wiped down. Instead, I "got in the groove" and, even though it's not a priority today (nor is it on my to-do list), I felt an urge to clean the whole kitchen: microwave, stove, and possibly clean out the fridge. In my defense, the bathroom and floors are cleaned each week...so if I'm a day or two behind on that, I think it's for the greater good. The microwave, stove, and fridge don't get nearly the attention the bathroom and floors get. So. My stove and microwave look amazing and I want to go dust the entire house :) 
  • Along the same vein, sometimes it's hard to balance my roles of homemaker, housekeeper, and mom. As I cleaned up the kitchen and heard Ellie waking, I pleaded for "just five more minutes". Because Ellie is a perfect baby, she laid in her crib and talked for ten more minutes. 
  • I have to do something productive each day - it makes me feel good about myself.
  • I have a secret desire to be crafty. This weekend I will attempt to make Ellie a Christmas ornament. What I have planned isn't difficult - but it is crafty, which I am not. Wish me luck.
  • I had neglected writing in my journal for the past six months! It's true. I hadn't written in my journal since Ellie was born. And I've always been a phenomenal journal writer. I'm not tooting my own horn here - it's just true. I set a goal this week to start writing again. I'd forgotten how therapeutic journal-writing is for me. I'm happy to be back at it.
  • I love being teased. Steve knows this. This morning I was nursing Ellie on the couch after Steve left for work. About 10 minutes later, there was a hard knock at the door and a man outside said, "Maintenance!" (which I'm pretty sure the maintenance men here are supposed to do...). I quickly covered up as I heard my door opening...and in walked Steve. Little trickster. I could've punched him for the scare it gave me.
  • I love to cook and bake. If I had a reality show, it would be a cooking show. Sometimes I put ingredients in little dishes as if I'm on a cooking show :) Not too frequently - it makes extra dishes for me when I do that.
  • I will be starting up my book-blog again. I have had several people ask about it, and I have some new faves to add to the blog. If you're a reader, I highly suggest you check it out. I enjoy it - and I think I'm pretty funny. Ha ha.
  • I ate most of an entire bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis in two days. Less than two days. Yum.

2 comments:

Danika said...

After I make one of my To Do lists I'll put something like "Breathe in and out" just so I can check it off! Totally feel ya on that :)

Daniel and Rachael said...

I had to double check that this wasn't Rachael writing it sounds just like her.