She's here!
There's no turning back now!
Ellie Jo Thompson was born on Friday, May 27th at 3:59 PM. She weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz and was 19 inches long.
We love her! She is so sweet, beautiful, and a good eater :) Her little cry is adorable; sometimes I call her a little squeak toy because of the noises she makes.
Her story:
Last Thursday we had an ultrasound appointment to determine her size. The doctor thought she would be about 8 1/2 lbs. The ultrasound showed her size to be 8 lbs. 12 oz. Yikes! The next day we had a doctor appointment. After receiving the lab results, the doctor wanted to get in there and deliver our little one.
So, on Friday Ellie was born! She didn't cry much - and she was absolutely perfect. She's got the longest fingers and toes! And luckily, she was smaller than expected. (I'm glad she will fit her newborn clothes :))
Ready to leave the hospital
Ellie with Nana Dea - she came all the way from Nebraska to help out for a couple of weeks
She's home now and Steve and I are glad to be home with our new little girl. My sister-in-law Shauna came down from Snowflake for the weekend. She's a sweetheart - this is what we saw when we brought Ellie home from the hospital.
We love having Ellie as part of our family. She is a dream come true! It's fun watching her, dressing her up (she's my baby doll), playing with her, and learning how to be parents.
We haven't seen this face very often...mostly if I'm not ready to feed her as quickly as she wants :) What a fun little girl!












11 comments:
AWE! That pic of Steve with the little baby bum (with the butterfly on it no less!) just melted my heart. She's just precious... I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks!
Good job Mom, you look awesome!
I am so happy for you guys! She is beautiful. Have fun, and enjoy every moment. They grow so fast.
I'm so glad you let me hold her for a whole hour :). You guys are such a cute family! I love that second picture of you guys. Ha ha made me laugh.
She is adorable and you guys are a beautiful family! I have to agree with Danika, seeing Steve with her is just heart-melting! Good luck and can't wait to meet her!!!
She is adorable can't wait till I get to hold her. She is lucky to have such great parents. Also Gavin can't wait to play with her ;)
-Dan
AHHHHH!!! I am going to meet her VERY soon :) Can't even wait!
She is really adorable! Congratulations! Now comes the exciting part.
She is cute! Congrats!!
Congratulations! She's so beautiful!!! You are going to be the best mama!
How fun! It looks like you had to have a c-section from one of the pictures. I have had all of my children that way so I know the healing. If you had c-section just make sure that you take it easy.
She is adorable! I love her beautiful outfits!
I adore Ellies butterfly bum
Post a Comment