Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sunday Chicken

I was joking to Steve over dinner tonight that our readers probably miss my postings of recipes and pictures :) Ha ha.

Tonight it was a crock-pot recipe called Sunday Chicken. My mom bought me a little cookbook called 101 Things To Do With A Slow Cooker. I've made many of the chicken recipes and a few of the others - I love crock-pot cooking!

This was supposed to be dinner last night. But I forgot to put it together and get it into the crock-pot  - so today I left myself a sticky-note on the front door reminding me to get dinner in the crock-pot. The reminder worked! So did the fact that Steve put the crock-pot out on the counter to help remind me :) What can I say...we're a team.

Sunday Chicken

4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) cream of chicken soup, condensed
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup sour cream*

Place chicken in greased 3 1/2 - 5-quart slow cooker. mix remaining ingredients except sour cream and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat 4 hours or on low heat 6-8 hours. One hour before serving, stir in sour cream. Makes 4-6 servings.

*For richer taste, substitute 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese.

* * * * *

We've also been trying out some different sweet potato recipes lately (see picture above). My favorite so far is super simple.

Wash two small to medium-sized sweet potatoes. Cut up into cubes or chunks. Spread in a 9x13 pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Bake at 375 for about 25-28 minutes. Stir up the sweet potatoes a few times during baking time.

Yum!

PS. We got a webcam this week! It's fun. We're having a good time trying out Skype and video chatting with family. Wanna chat??

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I wanna chat!! Oh wait, we already did! Dinner looks yummy. Want to cook when you are here?

Stephanie C. said...

That looks great, Sara! And I love that you read the Percy Jackson books! We listened to them on cd on our way to and from work. We LOVED those books! Hope you are doing great :)

Holly said...

I made this!! It was super yummy! Recipe is now in my box, Thanks for sharing!