Easy, delicious...what's not to love?
I get the urge to bake on Sunday nights. It's not the healthiest of habits, but I don't give in all the time...
This weekend I did. I had all of the ingredients on hand for Cookie Brittle, and Steve had never had it, so I made some :)
Cookie Brittle
(Don't mind the fuzzy pictures - they were taken on my phone...)
Mix (by hand) and press into ungreased cake pan:
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
1 t. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. sugar
2 c. flour
1 c. coconut
Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Watch until it is barely brown.
* I also sprinkle a few more chocolate chips on top, just for good measure :) Yum!
Since it's just the two of us, I often half the recipe - tonight I'm wishing I'd made the whole thing so there was more to enjoy...
1 comment:
I hope that you have the urge to cook something yummy on Sunday night when you are here visiting me!! See you soon!
Post a Comment