Sunday, March 21, 2010

Renaissance Festival

Last Saturday, we took a trip to the Renaissance Festival! It comes around every February - March in the east valley. Steve had never been, though I've been several times - but always with 6th graders. And let me tell you...to go with Steve was a completely different experience than going as a chaperone - I mean, I wasn't so worried about Steve purchasing a wooden bean-shooter and using it to shoot marshmallows at other patrons :)

Anyway, we got there and immediately had a turkey leg. It's a meal in and of itself! We wandered the festival, munched on goodies, caught a few shows, and watched the jousting tournament. We also went on an elephant ride! Again, it was Steve's first time. The saddest part was not having anyone with us to take our picture on the elephant - so we improvised :)

View from our elephant :)
 Trying on masks

 Ha ha!

Tough guy - doesn't he look like Zorro??

Turkey leg...yum!

Relaxing at the end of the day

Check out our outfits :)

3 comments:

Joni Wiedrich said...

Looks like a very fun day!

Janae' said...

You guys are cute!

Rachael said...

So FUN! I love the elephant ride.