The weather was overcast and chilly most of the morning, which ended up being perfect for the walk. I can't remember how much money they said we raised, but it was a ton!
We also made two yummy recipes this weekend: homemade pizza (where we got to try out our pizza stone for the very first time!) and taco soup.
We named this pizza Texas :) The pizza stone made the crust uber-crispy and crunchy!
Taco Soup:
1 lb. hamburger1 big can of tomato juice
1 can green chilis
1 can whole corn
1 can each of pinto, kidney, and garbanzo beans
1/2 - 1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can stewed tomatoes
Brown the hamburger. Drain the beans and corn. Mix all ingredients in a big pot. Heat on medium heat for 1/2 hour. Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream on top.
PS. We don't actually own a pot big enough for this recipe...so we improvised with two smaller ones :) I took two recipes for taco soup and merged them...this is what I came up with. It was awfully tasty! And we have lots of leftovers, which we love.



2 comments:
That pizza looks super delicious, but what a funny shape!! :) Let's talk soon..
Yes. Next time! I would LOVE to meet Steve. You both truly glow in both photo and words.
Post a Comment