You've probably heard the hype surrounding the Broadway production of Wicked - it's all true! Last Saturday, I got to go. Wow. I'll be honest...by intermission, I liked it, but didn't love it like I'd anticipated. Never fear - by the end, I loved it! Not having read the book, heard the music, or knowing even the story beforehand, I went in with no knowledge or expectations. Since Saturday, I've been listening to the soundtrack often :)
Here's something kinda cool. They do a lottery two hours before each performance. You show up, put your name in a lottery, and half an hour later, they draw names for 20 tickets in the orchestra pit area - and you only pay $25 if you win! We tried to win Rachael, Dan, and Connie tickets so they could go with us...but it wasn't meant to be :(
If you get the chance to see it where you are, definitely see it! And to whet your appetite, here's a video showcasing what Wicked is all about...
3 comments:
It was here in March and I was so sad that I could not make it. I heard about the lottery and never tried it out but heard that most people who wanted it, got it, at least here in Portland. I heard it is an AMAZING play! Glad you got to go.
I am so glad you came to your senses by the end! ;) LOVE this show. Wouldn't recommend the book, though.
Don't worry... you are added to my blog. :)
Post a Comment