Peanut-Crusted Chicken with Pineapple Salsa

1 c. chopped fresh pineapple
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
1 T. finely chopped red onion
1/3 c. unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
1 (1 oz) slice bread
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. black pepper
4 (4 oz) chicken cutlets
1 1/2 t. canola oil
Cooking spray
Cilantro sprigs (optional)
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, tossing well.
2. Combine peanuts and bread slice in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over chicken. Dredge chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Serve chicken with pineapple mixture. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Modifications (a la Sara): No food processor? No worries! I used a blender. The salsa is excellent! The more the merrier. I used whole chicken breasts and a wheat bread slice. This dish is fast and easy to make...and just as yummy as leftovers! I got the recipe from Cooking Light, so you know it's healthy.
Citrus Chicken

1/4 c. orange juice
1/2 t. grated lime rind
2 T. fresh lime juice
2 T. chopped fresh thyme
2 t. bottled minced garlic
1 t. grated orange rind
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. ground red pepper
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast cutlets
1 T. olive oil
Cooking spray
6 cups bagged prewashed baby spinach
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Pous 1/4 c. juice mixture into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag. Seal; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil to remaining juice mixture; stir well with a whisk.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Place 1 1/2 c. spinach on each of 4 plates. Divide chicken evenly among servings; top each serving with 1 T. juice mixture.
My own notes: This isn't just an aesthetically pleasing dish, it's also tasty! The marinade gives the chicken such good flavor :) Mmmmm....
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb)
1 T. canola oil
1 can reduced-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
1 can reduced-fat condensed broccoli soup
1/4 c. fat-free milk
2 t. lemon juice
1/8 t. pepper
4 lemon slices
1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil until browned on both sides, about 10 min.; drain. In a large bowl, combine soup, milk, juice, and pepper. Pour over chicken. Top each chicken breast with a lemon slice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until chicken juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
Notes from me: I served this with green beans and the healthiest pasta roni I could find. The lemon slices and the gravy make this dish absolutely delicious!
You've probably noticed a chicken-trend...I feel the winds changing...perhaps my next installment will show my experimenting with fish...

4 comments:
These all look DELICIOUS! Too bad I just made my menus and grocery list. I'll definitely try all three of these soon. Thanks for sharing! Keep sending them my way please.
Is there anything in this entire world that you can't do!?!? I'm going to try these. TFS!
I will try these as soon as I get back from D.C.
Is that cream of broccoli soup or just broccoli soup? Do either of those even exists? I am such a cooking virgin! :)
Post a Comment