Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Utah Weekend Fun

Memorial Day Weekend - practically perfect in every way :)

Friday: Last day of work for teachers! Lucky me to get out two hours earlier than expected; it facilitated an early start to the road trip. We made it from Mesa to Orem in nine hours and enjoyed hanging out with my sister Rachael and her husband Dan that evening.

Steve and me

Saturday: Rach is the best hostess EVER! We had mints on our pillows the first night. Saturday morning she made sourdough pancakes with chokecherry syrup - yum :) (If you haven't had the pleasure, you're really missing out!) Then we spent the day hiking to a place called Silver Lake. It was overcast and cool all weekend - and there were snow-covered mountains for us to hike across...and slide down. Check out Rach's blog for the video. So much fun!!


That night our good friend Sarah was able to join us for dinner and custard.

Miner's Delight - that's a lotta beans! Where's the beef??

Sunday: Church. Naptime. Homemade nachos for dinner. Sunday walk that ended in the rain. I loved every minute of it! Afterwards we had Orange Julius in coconut-shelled cups.


Monday: Coffee cake breakfast. Rach and Dan should open a bed and breakfast :) Parting is such sweet sorrow - it's always hard to end a vacation! Steve and I drove through Provo, visited Y-mountain, drove by where we used to live, visited campus, and relived our "glory days" of BYU :) It was a leisurely drive back. I love a good road trip where you can take your time a bit on the way home. We visited a friend in Flagstaff before finally heading home for good.

Cheers to weekend road trips out of town!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Did you go to Squaw Peak or is that somewhere else? Love the pics and loved the visit!!

Janessa Couch said...

The pictures are adorable. I need a good vacation like this right about now. The coconut drink; I want to grab it out of the computer! YUM!

Jaime Lynne said...

Looks like the perfect weekend. Tell Rachael and Dan we will be booking our stay with them later this year! :) Happy official start to your summer.

Who is Steve?

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

Looks so fun! I could use a vacation!