Thursday, May 14, 2015

Hunter

Hunter is a rock-star. Let me tell you about him...


Tonight Hunter helped me clean the kitchen and do the dishes. While he helps unload the dishwasher on a regular basis, he's never helped put dishes in the dishwasher. First of all, Hunter is great because he's always so excited to clean up! (More on that later.) He was thrilled to stand next to the dishwasher and put dishes in. Then I gave him a rag to wash the dining room table. I think I suggested that he stand on the chairs and wipe down the table...but he heard "wipe down the chairs" - and he did! Every single chair at the table, including the booster seats. It was awesome!


Like I mentioned, Hunter loves to clean up. The clean up song has been one of his favorites since he could sing along. The other day, just for fun, he said to me, "I know! Let's clean up!" He began singing the song and picking up the toys. All I could do was laugh and help.


Hunter has a very caring personality. He always thinks of others. For example, when we go to the gym, I drop the kids off at their "class" (kid zone) and I usually go right down the hall to my class. Hunter always says, "Have a good class!" Then when I pick him up, he shouts, "Mama! How was your class??"

At the dinner table, we go around and talk about the best part of our day. When I ask Hunter what the best part of his day was, he usually grins at me and says, "What was the best part of your day?" He's just so sweet! His little voice and grin just melt my heart every time.


When Steve or I leave the house, Hunter needs a hug and a kiss and says, "I love you! I just miss you!" It's adorable.

He has such a soft heart. When Ellie cries, Hunter instantly runs to find her blanket and brings it to her. When I make a noise of frustration, Hunter comes right over and asks, "What's wrong Mama?" He loves to snuggle, always wants to sit on my lap to read books, makes jokes, and he repeats things he hears a lot. Currently he tells me at naps, "Just ONE little song..." and at bedtime, "No milk in bed and no sippy cups on my nightstand." And he usually signs No while telling me.


Hunter craves one-on-one time with Steve and me. He is always happy to accompany Steve on errands. He loves wrestling with Daddy or sitting with him for a book - just the two of them. It's a special treat when he and I get to hang out together with no other little ones around. He is happy on my lap doing patty-cake.

He speaks in full sentences (which are more and more understandable all the time; although I find myself translating for Steve on occasion and asking Ellie to translate for me once in a while). He can do up his own seat belt in his car seat. He loves to jump off the fireplace. He likes his routine. He threw his arm around me on Tuesday, grinned into my face and asked, "Can we have family night again tonight??"


Gosh how we love our little boy Hunter!

No comments: