Sunday, February 27, 2011

For Mom...

...and my sisters. They are the ones that keep asking. After all, it is my first pregnancy :)

I sure wish we all lived closer!

Me at 25 weeks. 

Steve viewing his ever-expanding preggo wife...

My students are funny. (I teach 8th grade math at a junior high.) They are worried I'll go into labor in the middle of class and they will be left alone without a teacher when I go rushing out. Wait a minute...did I say they are worried?? Scratch that. They would love to be left unattended :) But we're all hoping that, when the time comes, I'm not at work when it happens.
They also have lots of suggestions as to what her name should be. Usually they give me their own names as suggestions. Or modifications of their names (if they're boys). We haven't actually come to a decision regarding a name yet. It's harder than I thought!

In other news, we had a fun Valentine's Day. Steve makes everything special :) He came to my work, took my car, and had the oil changed, windshield wipers replaced, washed and vacuumed, etc. When I came to my car after work, he had left a rose on the front seat. What a sweetie. Has anyone else read the Five Love Languages book? Acts of Service is definitely one of my languages, and Steve does a good job of it! He also cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. I love this man.

On Valentine's Day, I took Steve lunch at work. We had heart-shaped pb&j sandwiches, V-day chocolates, and Martinelli's. It's fun having a day to celebrate :)

Other than that, we're keeping busy trying to get things ready for our little sweetheart in a few months, working hard for the money, and making big plans for our future.

PS. Speaking of getting ready for the baby - does anyone have suggestions regarding a car seat/stroller travel system? That is one thing I've been doing a lot of research on. I've already grilled my sisters - I'm open to suggestions.

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

I could write you a book on the things you really need and really don't need for a new baby. We thought we needed everything, not so. We went with the chicco travel system. It is great. The one feature I would look for with a car seat is that there is a release button on the straps to tighten and loosen so you don't have to break the baby's arms trying to fit them in it. Ours had that, but we didn't know what the button was for for a couple months. Ha. Also-someone gave us a jogger, but if I had to do it again I would just buy a jogger stroller travel system. One less stroller around and the jogger can do everything the regular stroller can do. I'm excited for you!!

oh-also-sign up now for amazon mom and order things online for way cheaper plus FREE 2 day shipping. sign up for subscribe and save on everything you can to get an extra 15% off and then cancel it right after you order. And sign up for EVERY parenting magazine you can. You'll get them for free for the first little while. I get all my amazon coupons from them and then throw them out. They sned out 20% off diaper coupons and $10 off from the baby store on amazon

Rachael said...

LOVE the pics!! Especially Steve's ;) hehehe....Baby Lina will be soooo cute. Can't wait for her to get here. ps...my students were so disappointed when I told them I wouldn't be using a Spanish name for Gavin and were also hoping to be left FREE when I went into labor. Silly kids. Only 3 months to go!! Have you made that paper chain yet?

Holly said...

one hot mama! looking so good sara!!

Heidi :) :) ;) said...

I love the pictures! You are cute pregnant! You look very happy!