For starters, here I am at 30 weeks.
I realized that most of my pregnancy pictures have been silly - here's one of me simply smiling. I can look normal when I try...
We've had some fun experiences lately! Last weekend for date night, we got together with our newlywed friends, Jeff and Michelle Anderson. We drove up to Usury Mountain for a bonfire, hobo dinners, s'mores, and games. It was a gorgeous night with a full moon and a perfect temperature.
Jeff & Michelle chillin' and waiting for s'mores
My husband, the experienced outdoorsman
* * *
A funny thing happened after our time at the temple last night. Through a series of rather serendipitous events, we were leaving through the revolving door - I was laughing because Steve and I had pushed it hard and fast as we left. Two men stood at the bottom of the steps and one was holding citrus from a tree on the temple grounds. He said to me, "Are you Arizona natives?" I looked at him and responded, "No...but I think I know you!"
Let me explain. As I told him later, I have this compulsion to talk to people I think I recognize. If there is the slightest inkling I know someone, I take the risk of being wrong and make an effort to find out if I actually know them. I can't not know! So, when this man spoke to me and I saw his familiarity, I acted on it.
Once I answered him, he took a good look at me and began jumping around and laughing. We are cousins :) He's closer to my mom's age than mine, so we didn't grow up together. Besides which, he lives in Idaho and just happened to be in town for the week. Random? I think so! And I love it!
My cousin Steve had his friend take a picture of me in a Steve sandwich :) He promptly bragged to my mom on Facebook that he'd been here to see me.
* * *
And today. I got home from work exhausted. My feet hurt. My back hurt. I was tired. It made me feel cranky. I knew I had dishes to do, a house to clean, and dinner to make. Now, lest you feel sorry for me, don't just yet. I knew Steve would be home in 30 minutes and he was set to help out. But I wasn't feeling super perky. As I trudged to the door, I noticed a big package outside our door! It was addressed to me, but I didn't know where it had come from...
When I opened it, this is what was inside...
Presents! Six of them - one for St. Patrick's Day and the other five were labeled with numbers.
I couldn't wait for Steve to get home so we could open them! I admit I opened the card immediately as I figured out they were from my friend Heather in Oklahoma!! She's the best - so creative - so thoughtful. She wanted to be able to come out and throw me a baby shower, but she's in Oklahoma. So she sent me a baby shower in a box! And what a shower it was...
After opening the first two numbered gifts, I figured out her system. She sent me outfits from birth to 12 months! Our little girl will be so well dressed this next year...
And for your viewing pleasure, here is some of the cuteness...
St. Patrick's Day dress (for next year of course)
Teeny-tiny newborn onesies!
PS. Right before the baby-shower-in-a-box fun, Steve insisted I sit down while he mopped the kitchen floor and put the laundry in the washer. He takes such good care of me...
Recent family photo
Funny guy
In summary, we've been having fun - dating on the weekends, making preparations for our baby girl, and enjoying an Arizona springtime.











5 comments:
You look so cute! I'm so excited for you guys, you'll be the best mom. =)
What a fun post! I love Heather's baby shower in a box :) So cute. Is it weird when I look at all of your pics and think "gosh that looks just like me - if only the hair were lighter?" Creepy. You are getting so close!!! Only 7 weeks of school left (when you have her 3 weeks early)
This was a fun post. The baby shower in a box was AWESOME! And you look so beautiful. Also, I know you asked for the photos from your visit but the computer on which they stored has crashed and I still haven't got it up and running again. I promise I won't forget.
Post again soon!!
You look great! I SO wish I lived closer so I could throw you a baby shower. :( She'll be here soon!
And how funny...I thought you planned to see cousin Steve. I didn't know you just ran into him.
That husband of yours is amazing and you deserve it! You are so adorable pregnant. What a fun friend you have with a baby shower in a box idea. I will have to steal that one.
Post a Comment