1) I have a new love of gardening! This spring, we finally started our deck gardening. We're currently growing cherry tomatoes, strawberries, bell peppers, and cucumbers, along with a few herbs. Then for Mother's day, I got more pots and herbs, and as you can see in the photos, things are coming up nicely! We eat the strawberries as they ripen. Every day the kids love to come out with me to see any new developments. The biggest battle has been the squirrels; they love our strawberries.
2) I was invited to be part of a book club! I haven't been in a book club for over two years, and I really miss it! We're reading My Life In France; Julia Child for June. I've just started the book. I recently finished a great book called Water From My Heart by Charles Martin (one of my favorite authors).
3) For the past few months, I've been attending the Les Mills Bodypump class at the gym. It's one of my new favorite classes! I push myself harder in that class than I ever do working out with free weights on my own. I love the instructors, I feel stronger, and I have visible triceps again :) I even got a pair of weightlifting gloves for Mother's Day.
4) Last summer, my friend Lorie started a summer book club for kids. We're doing it again this year - last week was our first book! Another friend Lori hosted and we read Edwina: The Dinosaur Who Didn't Know She Was Extinct. Along with the book, the kids played egg, egg, dinosaur (instead of duck, duck, goose), made dinosaurs out of their hand prints, ate chocolate chip cookies (which went along with the book), and dug for dinosaurs in space sand - one of the coolest things I've seen! I want to get some for my kids :) We're hosting next week, so it's time to choose a favorite book!
5) I'm on a kick to get my house organized. We've lived here for over three years now (and we've added two kids to the family in that time), and it desperately needs done. As embarrassing as it is, here are the before and after pictures of my first area: the master bath vanity.
Before
After
Before
After
And that's what I'm up to these days!



1 comment:
These really are some of my favorite posts! Umm...want to come over and organize my bathroom...this has been on my spring cleaning to do list and spring is almost officially over and I've yet to do it. Maybe your post will help motivate me! :) And now I want to look up that book. :)
Post a Comment