Monday, September 22, 2014

What I'm Into

Due to several conversations lately with other women, I've decided to stray from my typical posts to bring you this little gem. Maybe gem isn't the right word. But in these conversations, different women have admitted to not knowing who they are or what they even enjoy doing! All they focus on is their family, and they admit that their kids are their life.

I find that it's important for me to remember who I am along side my role of mother. So, lately I've been reflecting and I'm happy to report that, although my babies and husband are the most important people in my world, I still know who I am and I know what I like :) And if you prefer the posts full of photos of my family, you're welcome to skip through this post.

Here's what I'm into:

Goodreads Reading Goal:

I set reading goals for myself every year on Goodreads. I was pretty bummed when I fell short of reaching my goal last year; but now I'm happy to report that I've already met my goal for 2014!

Bunco:

I was invited to be part of a monthly Bunco group about a year ago. I look forward to Bunco night each month. It's a chance to socialize with other women, play a fun dice game, eat delicious food, and win prizes!

Personal Progress:

I've been an advisor to the Beehives for the past two years. One thing I'm able to do is to work on my personal progress (again)! I absolutely loved Young Women in Excellence night last fall. For the past eight months, I've been diligently working my way through the value experiences so that I can earn my ribbons at this year's event. It's given me the chance to start on my life history, which I'm pretty excited about! I've also been able to complete some organization projects - I can definitely see the benefits of working through the program again as an adult!

Piano:

Speaking of Young Women in Excellence night, I've been practicing some songs in preparation to perform this year. I'm happy to have a piano in my home and to have a chance to practice. (I use that term loosely as I usually practice while talking to little ones or having them play along with me - it's amazing that I could perform in church a few weeks ago after never having practiced the song alone until I actually performed it!) :) I also love that I have the opportunity to teach piano from my home - and the kids love the extra time it gives them with Daddy.

Family Photo Books:

I've never been a big scrapbooker, but when my sister introduced me to the idea of a digital scrapbook several years ago, I ran with it! I really enjoy going through my photos each month (ha ha - each month was the goal, but I'm quite behind at the moment...) and choosing the right ones for the photo book. I have a whole shelf dedicated to our family photo books, and I have to say I'm pretty proud of each one of them :)

I think that's a pretty good start!



2 comments:

Lorie S. said...

I love these posts!! I did one of these not too long ago and had fun reflecting on what makes me happy! You're awesome!

Jaime Lynne said...

I love this post with a thousand loves! I may follow your lead. Thanks for sharing this. Can't wait to "meet" new baby.