Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dance Class

For the past eight weeks, Ellie was in a dance class. It was her first time trying dance. This girl has so much energy that I knew we needed to try either dance or gymnastics. I learned that three years old is the age kids start attending classes without their parents. This was new for both of us (which is probably why Ellie cried through the entire first class...). After that first week, we were both prepared and there was no more crying.

Last week was the little dance "recital" - families were invited to stay in the room and watch what the kids had been practicing for the past two months. Ellie mostly liked jumping around, so it was hard getting photos of her. But she loved the sweet-smelling sparkles the teacher put on her arms each week, the props, and the lollypop she got at the end of each class :) So, overall, I was pleased with her experience.


 Next week: Gymnastics start...we'll see what Ellie likes.



2 comments:

Lorie S. said...

She is so cute! Where are you doing gymnastics? We have thought about getting the boys into gymnastics.

Jaime Lynne said...

THIS is one of the reasons I was so looking forward to having a little girl. How cute is Ellie?