Thursday, September 6, 2012

Good, Good Life

Overland Park Arboretum

A few weeks ago (when the weather was cooler) we had a family date night to the Overland Park Arboretum. We love free stuff and there was no entrance fee.

From the lake filled with turtles and fish to the beautiful gardens and room for Ellie to run, the evening was a success!

 My new favorite picture of my two loves



Coming: January 2013

Baby BOY Thompson! We've started talking about his room, shopping a tiny bit, and prepping Ellie for baby brother. She started saying 'baby' a few weeks ago; and she practices being oh-so gentle with stuffed animals and my friend's dog :) I think she'll do fine.

Randoms

#1 - Steve is my hero. Last night I was frustrated by my ability to get things done in the kitchen. We have a pantry with a cupboard door - and as you can imagine, Ellie spends a lot of time in there. The door is a spice rack, but I've had to move the spices from the bottom FOUR shelves from Ellie's reach. Let's just say, the pantry is always a disaster, I can never find anything I need, and spices fall out on me (and Ellie) on a regular basis. I was ready to do something about it.

Last night I mentioned to Steve that I needed him to find a solution - for my own sanity. Lucky girl that I am, he had already thought of a solution, ran to Lowe's, bought a part, installed it, and voila! My pantry is closed to Ellie! She's tried to get in a time or two, but I was able to rearrange and straighten and feel calm knowing it will stay that way. Whew! Such a small thing that makes my life so much easier.

#2 -  Ellie is a climber. I feel lucky she took this long to figure it out - or to care much about it. I came in the living room to find these scenes the other day:

 Usually Ellie will climb up on this chair and talk emphatically while waving her hands. I always wonder who she's talking to and what she's telling them...

#3 - We got to take a mini-vacation to our friend Heather's house in Oklahoma last weekend. We shopped, relaxed, played games, and watched football.

 This is the frosted pizza cookie from our Husker party

 Miss Ellie ready for church

#4 - Our girl is funny. She talks nonstop, makes funny faces, laughs and giggles at the end of her sentences, and responds to our questions and requests. It really is so fun!


And as a demonstration of her talking, a short video:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That girl is a real ham!!

Rachael said...

Love this pics and the video. Gavin ran to our laundry basket and imitated Ellie when he saw the video. CUTE!