Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Farm

Today Ellie and I went on a little adventure. There is a place in town called Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead. It's this family farm with over 200 animals, gardens, playgrounds, a one-room country schoolhouse, an old-time fishing pond, pony rides, and much more. And get this. It's FREE during the week! Doesn't get much better than that!

I kept hearing about this place and I knew it was something Ellie would enjoy. So I called up my friend Karina (she had the day off and her little boy Tanner is the same age as Ellie) and the four of us headed off.

We went through the hen house and looked at the hens. We went inside a teepee and felt the animal pelts. We peeked into the theater-room - it was air-conditioned and had tractor seats for the seating. We watched kids on pony rides. We petted baby goats and watched kids feeding them with bottles. We chatted with other visitors. We walked by the lake. We visited the schoolhouse. And of course, we played at the playgrounds.

 Ellie and Tanner - "school-children" sitting at the desks

 Ellie is very studious

 Playing nice...?

 Loving the swings

 Not so sure about this tunnel slide

And proof that the mamas were there:

We had a great time! It was nice to get outside and play with friends. The weather wasn't too hot and it was breezy. There was so much to see and do! We will definitely go back.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Ha! I know Karina! We were in the same Dietetics program and graduated together. Glad you had a good time at the farm. :)

DeAngelo Family said...

Ellie is definitely a farm girl at heart!!