Thursday, April 5, 2012

Weekly Funnies

Ellie makes me laugh...all.day.long. Seriously. She is at such a fun age where everything is extremely interesting to her. She's into everything. She wants to walk by herself in the worst way...but unfortunately she is still dependent on us or the walls and furniture to get her where she wants to go.

This is what she's been up to the past week:

Ellie turned 10  months old. I still think she's a tiny baby...until I hold her and her legs dangle. Dangle! That's not allowed - I'm not sure how that happened...

***
I walked in the living room from the kitchen and couldn't find Ellie. Hmmmm...
 I think I spotted her.

 Yep, those legs look familiar...

 So do the miniature chubby arms...

 Peek-A-Boo!
 
***
One day last week, we planned to go to an event at the library - it's the only thing she's old enough to go to, so we were pretty excited. Then we got there and it was cancelled! Talk about a bummer. So we checked out some books, threw a quilt down in the shade on the balcony, and had our own story time.


And she's quite the little reader! As is evidenced by the next two photos:

***

Ellie doesn't always like being by herself in the other room while I cook. But if she's in her high chair, she thinks she needs snacks. So last night she hung out on the kitchen floor playing with measuring cups while I made dinner.

 This was her in the midst of playing...

...and when I turned around a minute later, she was whining because she was stuck under her chair. Ha ha! Not bad for a little one that doesn't crawl...

***
And last but not least:
 
She has been contentedly sitting here playing with the contents of my purse for at least 15 minutes. An eternity for a tiny one. She's been working on getting my lotion open as I grimace each time I think she's about to master tearing off the lid. I envision Sweet Pea lotion splattering all over everything. Just as I think she's about to succeed, she loses interest for a minute and goes back to jangling my keys and digging around in my purse for other fun toys to play with.

And now I can smell her - Guess what fun I'm going to do next?

No comments: