Today I attended my first ever play date.
This cute and funny girl came with me.
Has anyone else ever felt this way? You move into a new ward hoping people will be friendly and welcoming - hoping someone will make the effort to sit by you in Relief Society. Then they do and you're pleasantly surprised and grateful that people are friendly and make an effort.In our first two Sundays in our new ward, I met the entire RS presidency, the primary president, some of the YW presidency, and two-thirds of the bishopric. Everyone seemed glad we were in the ward. And this is a ward a person could get lost in - 600+ members!
Anyway. Last Sunday I met a woman named Anna. She has a darling daughter the same age as Ellie. I knew she was serious about wanting to be my friend when she got my number and gave me hers. I was happy to get a phone call from her this morning inviting me to her house for lunch and a play date!
It was low-key: Anna, me, and one other woman. But we had a simple and tasty lunch and sat around on the floor with the two little girls while the other women's two little boys played elsewhere in the house. We talked about everything. They filled me in on things I might not know about Kansas. They gave me suggestions for health care professionals. And we just talked about life in general. Ellie and Arden never did seem that interested in playing together (ha ha). I think at this point, the play date is more for the mommies than the babies. I think I like it!
Let's thank the people that made this possible:
My love
My little love
***
Ellie loves going on walks. I think I've mentioned this before. Here's how much she loves walks:
Yeah...toes are pretty good too...
***
We've been having gorgeous spring weather here lately, interspersed with bouts of rain. Last Saturday was perfect picnic weather. We set off for the park in our neighborhood. Ellie relishes being outside. Can you blame her? We had a pretty fun time as well.
Blowing raspberries
Just chillin'
Ellie convincing Daddy to take her for a walk across the grass barefoot

2 comments:
She is just precious!
She just gets cuter and cuter! Wish we lived a little closer. Looking forward to our next reunion!
Post a Comment