Saturday, January 16, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me :)

I promise I'm working on a post including our wedding pictures. There are so-o-o many to choose from! The more I look at them, the more I love them :) Katrina did an amazing job capturing so much of our special day...

In the meantime, I had a birthday last weekend. Steve did a perfect job of helping me celebrate! We decided to go all out by doing the free stuff you get to do on your birthday. Friday night we had Red Robin (free for me!) and he took me to the Hale Center Theatre to see "Beau Jest". It was a cute comedy. Steve and I love the Hale Center Theatre and we go often.  It's also fun because we always run into people we know there.

Saturday morning (my birthday) Steve woke me up early so I could open my presents from him!! I don't have many photos of the day, but here's one of me in my new coat!! I know we live in Mesa, but with him from Canada and me from Nebraska, we have the chance to visit cold places fairly consistently. And I was in desperate need of a new coat...this one is exactly what I wanted!



I go to a kickboxing class on Saturday mornings and I've always wanted some gloves for when we use the bags...but I've never gotten around to buying them for myself. Steve took care of it for my birthday :) I can't wait to use them!

Then he pulled the last present out from under our bed...a sturdy and pretty new full-length mirror! And it's taller than I am! All three presents were exactly what I'd wanted. Steve was pretty sneaky finding a way to smuggle them into the house when I wasn't home; then hiding them under the bed and in the guest bedroom closet :) I was impressed!

Once we got up, Steve made me breakfast - one of our favorite breakfasts, pumpkin pancakes with sin syrup! I'll post the recipe as well - trust me, they're addicting and delicious!!! He cooked pancakes and sausages for my birthday breakfast. What a man!


We went to get massages from a friend of mine who's a massage therapist. What a relaxing way to start the day! Then we went to the movies and saw "Leap Year" as we munched on free popcorn. Gotta love the freebies on your birthday!

We had dinner at Joe's Real BBQ (free meal for me!), rented a free video at Hollywood Video, and make pazookies at home as we watched our movie.

It was a perfect birthday!

As if that wasn't enough...we are continuing to celebrate free birthday stuff this weekend! Last night we had Black Angus (free meal for me). I couldn't ask for more on my first birthday with my husband than the thoughtful gifts from him, spending the day with him doing free stuff, and finally not caring that I'm getting older :)




Pumpkin Pancakes and Sin Syrup

Pancakes
2 1/3 c. Bisquick
1/3 c. pumpkin
1/4 c. oil
2 Tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ginger
2 eggs

¾ c. milk
Mix well. Add more milk as desired for smoother consistency (otherwise they’re too thick).

Sin Syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c. sugar
1 stick butter (long)
1/2 c. buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla


Heat on stove until hot and a bit frothy/bubbly.

YUM!!


1 comment:

Rachael said...

Yay!! Happy birthday to you!! What a sweet husband :)