Saturday, December 13, 2008

Weaver's Needle

This morning I dragged myself out of bed at 6:20 AM to go hiking with friends. It felt inherently wrong to be up at that hour on a Saturday, but I'm happy I did it. We drove about 45 minutes out of town to Weaver's Needle. It was a good hike - about three miles up to the saddle.

Then the boys and I set off on a tramping/rock climbing adventure towards the needle (pictured behind us). It was a treacherous journey on the way out. On the way back...we discovered a trail :) Boy did that save us a lot of time on the return trip!

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

That looks like a lot of fun. What a gorgeous state you live in. Please send us some of your sunshine, we are in desperate need of it this week.

The Jenkins Girls said...

Thanks for the comment. These pics made me miss AZ so much. Shame on you!

Steve said...

Fabulous pic's. A great hike too! Too bad we didn't make it all of the way to base...