Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gift-Giving

You know that experience of giving a truly good gift? One where the receiver knows how much you care about them? One where the receiver is so-o-o appreciative because you care about them enough to pay attention and listen when they talk...and you know just what they would like most? I had that experience this week. Actually, I found myself on both ends.

I gave a gift that meant a lot to a very dear friend of mine. She probably doesn't know that her response to my gift is the sweetest thing I've experienced this month. I only hope to be able to do the same for my mom at Christmastime (don't worry Mom - I've got your back!)

Tonight I was on the receiving end of such a gift. This is my friend Steve.


We've been friends for about five years - he knows me well! Sometimes I realize he knows me better than I would have thought. Tonight he brought me two very special gifts: pumpkin egg nog (which we both love) and Stephen's Peanut Butter Cup hot chocolate. (By the way, his given name is Stephen, hence the photo of them together :)) Steve knows my weakness for anything chocolate and peanut butter-y - I thought it was awfully thoughtful.

2 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Oh my goodness, that hot chocolate sounds delicious! I am a huge fan of anything peanutbuttery. What a sweet gift.

Jaime Lynne said...

Peanut Butter hot chocolate...? You've got to be kidding me. Where have I been!?