Last weekend, I got out of town again! This time I visited my good friend Heather in Oklahoma. We had THE BEST time! We shopped, hung out with friends doing the Halloween thing, (we wore tiaras and feather boas), went to the Oklahoma City Temple for a session, and went to the Sooners/Huskers game! Okay, so our team didn't do well...but it was still so-o-o much fun! The Sooner fans were nice to us downtown after - probably because they killed us; then again, they cared less about beating us than they did about Texas Tech beating Texas :) Now there's a wicked rivalry!
Heather's cute mom sent us Husker care-packages for the weekend. Heather's included some Husker paper products, which we used for lunch the day of the game. Mine had a beanie, whiteboard, Big Red gum, tattoos, notepads, mousepad, and rubik's cube. Everything had Husker logo on it :) We wore our tattoos and chewed our gum at the game. It wasn't cold enough for my beanie, but I look forward to wearing it when the weather is cooler!
At the game, they honored the 1971 Game of the Century, Nebraska vs. Oklahoma (which Nebraska won, thank you very much) by having the players and coaches honored on the field. Tom Osborne and Johnny Rogers were there - they got the loudest cheers from our fans.
We sat behind the band, cheered until we were hoarse, made new friends, and left heart-broken at the final score. But what a great experience! Had we won, we could not have "rubbed-elbows" with the locals downtown afterwards. You'll notice we found a fun red phone booth like the ones we found in London. Naturally, we had to take photos in the booth :)
I liked Oklahoma City and it's surrounding suburbs. The people were friendly, the shopping superb, the atmosphere fun, and my friend Heather was the best hostess ever!


3 comments:
My husbands grandparents are from OK and we absolutely love it there. I am very jealous! We are going back in June for a family reunion so it will be so fun. What a great vacation.
Hey- looks like you had a blast! So I got my jeans from Buckle. I was there last weekend and they had a lot of cute jeans. The one I liked was $100. So- go with the expectation that you may have to fork out a lot of dough.
Best hostess ever huh? you better not let Rach see that or it will be no more mints for you!
Post a Comment