Friday, September 25, 2015

Pre-K

The other day, I was at Costco with all three kids. The boys were in the cart and Ellie was mothering them as she hung on to the side. A woman commented on the cuteness of the kids and then she started talking to Ellie. "Oh, I bet you're a great big sister, aren't you?" Ellie replied, "Yes! I am!" The woman asked her some questions about how old she is and asked if she's in school. Ellie's response was, "Yes! I'm in Pre-K - that's pre-KINDERGARTEN! Not preschool."

Here's some of the fun Ellie (and sometimes Hunter) are having at Pre-K:


 Alphabet hats


 Making the shape of the day - at first it was a rectangle - then Hunter needed to join in :)


 Homemade orange play-doh that smelled like oranges

Ellie and Paislee after story time at the library

We had the opportunity to go on a field trip to the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm. We didn't have as much time there as we wanted, but we got to experience some really cool things.

1) We stood right behind the cannon as it went off at 11:00 AM


2) The kids learned how to use a rifle (and they practiced washing clothes on a washboard, but I didn't get any pictures of that).





3) We road the stagecoach. Hunter kicked and cried and didn't want to get on. But being the good mom that I am, I handed Dallas off to a stranger while I hauled Hunter up into my arms and put him on the stagecoach anyway. He had a great time once it got going!




4) We ate a picnic lunch at the farm before heading home.


The school year is off to a great start!

1 comment:

Lorie S. said...

Ha! Pre-Kindergarten, not preschool! She's so great. You should read her some Fancy Nancy...I think she would like her. :)