Friday, December 12, 2014

December Fun

We have been having a blast getting ready for Christmas! Ellie and Hunter are even more fun this year than last year. They are super in to every single thing exciting that comes with it being December :)

I made an advent calendar for the kids. It's made out of toilet paper rolls...it doesn't quite look like the one on Pinterest. But it works and the kids love it! Each day, we read a scripture, do a winter activity, and the kids get the treat found inside. The treats are Hershey Kisses, Rolos, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Smarties. During family prayer yesterday morning, Ellie prayed that the treat would be chocolate, NOT Smarties. Ha ha! Her prayer was answered.

So far, here are some of the activities we've done:

 Stuck winter window clings on the windows

 Made and hung paper snowflakes

 Wrapped presents

 Wrote letters to Santa and mailed them to the North Pole

 This was the first we'd heard about Ellie wanting ear buds for Christmas...she has since told Santa in person and two other people that she wants ear buds...Oh, and "Ellie got run over by a reindeer"?? How clever! I don't know that she's heard that song more than twice ever, but apparently it's made quite an impact :)

Did a winter craft

 Made homemade ornaments

Had snowman pancakes for lunch

And we visited Santa - two different times. The first time, Steve took the two big kids while I taught piano lessons at home.

 Hunter was having no part of sitting on a stranger's lap; so Steve jumped in the picture with the kids.

When we all went together this week, we were able to get individual photos with each kid on Santa's lap, as well as one with all three! But...since I can't get any of them to orient properly, you'll have to imagine for now.

 After visiting Santa and while eating candy canes - so no real smiles, but obliging kids for yet another photo...


Then the kids rode the carousel as well.

So far, we're loving December!

2 comments:

Holly said...

What a fun mom you are!!!

Lorie S. said...

You are amazing! I am planning on having a snowman day in January and I am totally stealing your snowman paper plate name craft and pancake ideas!!