Monday, May 12, 2014

April and Mother's Day

We love to have fun. The kids especially enjoy being outside.
 

 I actually prefer them being outside as well - it keeps them from major mischief...

 Like this

Ellie knows how to get a hold of what she wants. On this particular day, it was Sharpie markers and their clothes/skin. I can honestly say, I've learned a lot about cleaning Sharpie from skin (and out of ears - the clothes though...they are a total loss.)

Then there was Easter

 I have a good-looking family :)

We took a family reunion trip to the Dells in Wisconsin for a whole week in April. It was such great fun! We basically got up every morning, dressed in our swimsuits, and spent the entire morning at the water parks. The kids were in heaven. Ellie loved the freedom of running around and doing all the kid water slides by herself. We also enjoyed the lazy river, the (rubber) duck races held each morning, and hanging out with Nana, Papa, and cousins.

 I'm equal parts sad and proud of her independence - she's not afraid to try things and get out in the world. Okay, I'm more proud than sad. But she's still my little girl...

 It's blurry, but you can see Hunter's enjoying his ride as well.

 "Hello ladies"

 Ellie and cousins watching the duck races

Maggie, Alice & Ellie - three of the winners from our family

 Riding the lazy river with Uncle Jake

Hunter enjoyed it most when he rode with Daddy

In the afternoons after naps, we did a variety of things: played at the Arcade, ran around the indoor climbing/ball pit/play places, visited a candy store, and got passes for kiddie rides. Here was one of the favorite rides:

 While Steve and Ellie (and I on my turn around) had a blast on this ride, Hunter's reaction to Steve's face was the best part of all.


All of the grand kids

And finally, a perfect Mother's day for me!
 Flowers from the kids, meals made by my Love, thoughtful cards and gifts, and chocolate-covered strawberries.

 I also got a nap, cheesecake, time spent with those I love most (including rowdy kids during sacrament meeting - just keeping it real and keeping me humble), and a decent photo with my babies. Thanks to my family for making it a fabulous Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Lorie S. said...

I love your family! You have definitely had me add the Dells to our must have family vacation someday! So fun! And go Ellie, she really is so brave and independent!