He's here! And he is as perfect as can be. Our baby boy:
Hunter Paul Thompson
Born January 11, 2013 in Olathe, Kansas
1:29 PM 9 lbs. 10 oz. 20 1/4 in. long
Our first family photo
We were surprised by how much dark hair he has! We were not surprised by how big he was. I was convinced he would come a week late and be 10 lbs. He was three days late and over 9 1/2 lbs.
Hunter's due date was January 8th - one day before my birthday and the same day as Elvis Presley's birthday. I liked to tease Steve that if Hunter came on his due date, his middle name would have to be Presley. Steve was not amused :) I guess Hunter didn't want Presley for his middle name either...
Birth was a traumatic experience for sweet baby boy - but he's perfectly healthy and happy now! If you want the details, I'd be happy to share them with you.
Ellie seems to like him. She comes running out of her bedroom each morning shouting, "Baby! Baby!" as she hurries to find him. She loves to give him kisses, grabs his arms to get him to dance, and she likes to try to pick him up...
I think she'll be a sweet older sister.
My parents came down to stay with Ellie when Hunter was born. They brought her to see us and meet him in the hospital. Then my mom was able to stay with us for a few days. She took good care of us those first few days after we got out of the hospital. We're so lucky to live close!
Papa and Hunter
Nana and Hunter
My brother Jake also came down for a day to meet Hunter.
After my mom had to return home, Steve's sister Shauna flew out from Arizona to spend a few days playing with the kids and taking care of things around our house. We're so glad she was able to sneak away and come stay with us!
While she was here, we took her to see the Kansas City Temple and Liberty Jail.
Family photo in front of the temple
We sure love having this little guy in our family!

5 comments:
He is so cute!!!
So so awesome!!! He is a doll. Congrats!
Congrats! You have 2 beautiful children!!
I'm so happy for all three of you. Hunter is lucky little boy to come to a family like yours. He's a cutie!
That is awesome that Shauna came! He is sure a cutie and so glad he was alright. I will have to hear all about it. I prayed for you all when I heard there was a scare. Love you
Post a Comment