Before I start, let me correct myself from my last post. I originally started that post two weeks before I published it and I neglected to proofread it - otherwise my first sentence regarding *wow* moments would have been removed. As mentioned, Ellie walking and buying our first home are definitely wow moments in my book! So yeah - my bad.
So. On to this week. I think my baby is a toddler. I don't want to call her that because it sounds so grown-up! But I think she's a toddler. And she makes me laugh. A lot.
Yesterday Ellie and I were having applesauce for our snack. I was in the mood to sprinkle a bit of cinnamon in mine...but I couldn't find the cinnamon anywhere. I figured Ellie had put it somewhere - she takes my spices all over the house. But since I couldn't find it in a 10 second sweep of three rooms...I ate my applesauce without cinnamon.
10 minutes after we ate, Ellie was sitting on the floor with the recycling bin dumped out at her feet. Inside the recycling box was my cinnamon! I was just glad I found it before sending the recycling out to get picked up today.
Next Ellie was carrying around a goldfish box (from the recycling bin). I was lying on the living room floor writing in my journal when she spotted me - she ran to me, stood above me, tugged the hair out of my ponytail and climbed on top of me...all while clutching that goldfish box (trash).
And speaking of the recycling: there are a few special moments at our house during the day. When the mail comes each day and each week when the trash and recycling get picked up. The trucks are so noisy that Ellie typically rushes to the window, stands on tippy-toes, and watches in fascination. (I love our low windows - they're just her height!).
Today we went to signing story time at the library. Remember two months back when I tried to take her and was heartbroken that it was cancelled?? Well, today we went! I thought it might not happen when Ellie slept longer than usual - but we got out of the house pretty quickly and hit mostly green lights all the way there.
It was a fun little adventure. I met some other moms with babies/toddlers, learned some new signs, and Ellie sure loved being able to run around, touch other kids, and push other babies' strollers. She was pretty hilarious. She loves watching the bigger kids and chasing after them.
Well, I'm off to try a little treat I found on Pinterest that I whipped up this morning...

1 comment:
I love low windows! We had some in our apartments when my kids were young and it sure made it fun too!
Post a Comment