Monday, October 3, 2011

Today...

  • I loved general conference. How is it possible that so many of the talks were specifically for me? I guess that's no surprise. But I did end up filled with motivation to do better and make some positive changes in my home, my family, and my life.
From http://beinglds.blogspot.com/
  • I'm eating healthy. It feels sooo good! My hubby and I have been searching for the motivation to get healthy for...oh...pretty much most of our married life. Though it's been less than two years, it's plenty long to go without being particularly healthy - especially when we both used to be sooo good at it! We've got a few strategies planned to implement a healthier lifestyle. What do you do/eat to be healthy? Suggestions are welcome and encouraged! I love to cook (and eat) so I'm always open to new recipes. Especially healthy ones. In fact, I think I'll share one today! But believe me when I say, this dish is delicious and nutritious :)
Photo: Jonny Valiant/Woman's Day
recipe found here
  • I'm doing laundry. It's a never-ending chore. I really don't mind doing laundry. And there is something about clean sheets, towels, and clothes that just makes me happy. I think it's their clean fresh scent.
  • I will get more boxes unpacked! My living room is still cluttered with the final boxes to unpack or store away. My goal for today: get. rid. of. them. Somehow.
(This is actually a photo of the boxes at our old place when we were packing. My living room now doesn't look this bad .)

  • I am looking forward to a trip to visit my family. Yes, you heard that right. Now that I live in Kansas, my family is a short drive away! And since my baby sister is visiting next week, it's almost like a family reunion...almost. If only her sweet husband wasn't busy with grad school...
My sisters and me with our babies

  • I will go on a walk with my family. We will likely stop at the grocery store for bread on our walk. We can walk to the grocery store (two in fact). It's so close! We can also walk to Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, the gas station, a bank, a school, and the interstate...but I don't plan on walking to the interstate any time soon. It's just cool that I could walk there.
My two walking buddies. (Doesn't Ellie look a bit like a chicken?? She loves this, by the way.)
  • I love having a radio in my  kitchen. Kansas has wwwwaaaaayyyyyy better radio stations than Arizona did (no offense Arizona - there were so many other things I loved about you...). It's great background music while I work and play. Plus, Ellie loves the spontaneous dance moments with me and my love. Hey - anything to make her laugh!

  • I am planning great fun for hubby's BIRTHDAY this Saturday! I won't tell you how old he's turning because I will be there in two and a half short years. Let's just say, he has always looked 25. Lucky guy. If all goes well, this will be a birthday he won't ever forget! What am I saying...his last two birthdays were unforgettable. This may not touch them (sadly). Last year we were on our delayed honeymoon to Kauai, Hawaii and had just found out we were expecting a baby. The year before (the weekend before we got engaged), I took him to the U2/Black-Eyed Peas concert. Wowza. What a birthday!
      •  I am loving my Magic Eraser. Did you know it takes sticky tape residue off of glass? Me neither. That's a little thing I discovered while working on our tv stand today. It's now sticky tape residue free!
      • I will get done what I have time to get done. And it will be enough.

        1 comment:

        Rachael said...

        I love the giant ice cream cone. I love magic erasers. I love Ellie hanging from the ceiling. I love the sisters picture. I loved Conference too.