So for my update, this is what's been happening lately.
I had a second baby shower. My good friends Michelle Anderson and Heather Hedelius threw it. The best part? My mom flew out for the occasion! It was a fun weekend with shopping and relaxing. I only included one photo from the event because I look like a crazy psycho in all the other pictures. No joke.
***
A few weeks ago, our good friend Jeff Anderson took some maternity photos with us. Of course, I look ginormous...but it was a fun photo shoot, so I'm sharing some with you.
***
As of now, I'm officially on maternity leave! It has been so-o-o nice being home and getting lots done before the baby comes. We're finally to the point where she can come - anytime now - and we're ready for her. Did you hear that baby girl? Come on out! We're ready to meet you...
***
Just one more thing. Two more things. Well, three really.
Last week, my team at work threw me a small baby shower. Cake and gifts. Just the six of us. It was fun!
The same day, Steve's co-workers unexpectedly threw him a lunch and a baby shower. (Now he knows what all the hype is about :) ) He was very flattered.
The next day, my last day of teaching, one of my classes threw me a baby shower. Now, they had asked on Monday (when I told them Thursday was my last day) if they could throw me a shower on Thursday. I've had other students ask and nothing ever came of it. So why not? I said yes (of course).
I was shocked and pleased when not only did they throw me a fabulous baby shower, but it was fun and well planned! No surprise when I complimented the student that headed the entire operation and suggested she become an event planner and her response was, "That's what I want to do someday!" She would be great at it!
Helen and a handful of other girls planned everything. They shopped. Assigned people to bring food, drinks, etc. Planned games. And executed the entire thing!
I wish I had pictures. Lots of people there took them, but somehow I don't have any :( But let me tell you: we had croissant ham sandwiches, chips, cupcakes, cakes, Capri Sun, soda, baby-themed paper products (including pink plasticware). People brought baby gifts - good ones! Everyone took a string to guess how big around I am (a boy won). Everyone guessed the date I will deliver. There were decorations. Prizes. And they made me wear a pink ribbon/pin. It was awesome! 8th graders can be sweet and fun :)
***
That's pretty much it. My next post will hopefully include an actual baby in it somewhere...

3 comments:
So I scoured all of my blog comments and found yours so I could find your blog (I don't know if you tried to respond to my message on facebook, but I deleted my FB account, so I had to hunt for you instead). Anyway, I have something for you. Let me know when it's a good time to stop by. :)
I'm so glad you've been so well taken care of! You guys are loved! I too am impressed with your students- so sweet! We can't wait to see pictures of your sweet baby girl and hear all about her birth :)
You looked so cute pregnant but sure glad Ellie is here and you are getting back to normal!!
Post a Comment